Saturday, May 31, 2008

Plants...Second One

.
.
This plant known as the Snow Bush, Hawaiian-Leaf Flower, Sweet Pea Bush or Calico Plant is from the genus Breynia which was named after the great German botanist John Breyne.
.
I received a few clippings of this plant from a fellow garden club person and planted it in the backyard in the corner where I have planted several differents types of botanicals. This one is thriving and I enjoy going out to see its beautiful red/pink leaves and stems. It grows through under ground runners and I was told it can be "weed-like" in its quickness to multiply. I'm all for that! Keep inmind that the family of which this plants comes from has a very poisonous milky white sap. Do not get it in your eyes! Always wear gloves when handling this plant.
.
.
.

No comments: