Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What do you do for breakfast?

.
The top three items on an American breakfast menu...ready-to-eat cereal, coffee and fruit juice. I used to eat breakfast most days and usually cereal with banana or strawberries and whole milk plus orange juice. In the winter I had hot oatmeal when the boys were young. Now, with the thought of keeping my blood sugar at a reasonable level, I have a hard boiled egg and 4-6 oz. of orange juice with my vitamins. Mid-morning I will have cottage cheese and peaches (most days). And snacks consist of nuts and carrot sticks. More protein and less carbs is important when you are diabetic. However, it is most important that I eat something since foregoing breakfast usually means higher calories later in the day.
.
What did you eat this morning? Click here.
.

No comments: