Monday, March 17, 2008

Second set of Relay pics

.
A sign in front of the high school where the Relay For Life in Oviedo was held. It was put up a couple of weeks before the event so people could see it as they passed by on Lockwood Blvd.
.
.
These cups were placed in the fence for all to see prior to the event. There's an arrow on the far right leading to the entrance where people turn in to park.
.

.

Paint The Town Purple was an incentive for local businesses to get involved. For every $100 donation to the American Cancer Society, the business received a large purple ribbon to place on their door (or in some prominent spot). There were many throughout Oviedo.
.

.

This was how my first pair of shoes looked after the walk. I wore three pairs altogether but these were worn the most hours. They were my old running shoes from back in the day (I believe it was a Wednesday!) when I could run in races. Now, my shin splints remind me of my age and limitations. The other two things are tally marks on the sleeve of my t-shirt to keep track of all the laps. I know I missed a few as I got distracted talking to new friends. The three markers were used - one for each hundred laps.

. .

A close up of my shoes. They were very good to me especially in the rain. My feet stayed dry the entire time it rained and even afterwards as the grass was drying off. New Balance are awesome!!!

.

.

No comments: