Tuesday, June 05, 2007

PCH Tour 2007 Day 4

.
Okay, today was All About Karen Day!!! I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Napa Valley of California is a place I've only heard about for years. And I saw the movie "Sideways" which made me want to go even more. We took the Napa Valley Wine Train Tour which was a 3 hour lunch tour through Napa Valley and many of the wineries. We could see rows and rows of grape vines for miles on the rolling hills and ridges. Some were almost close enough to touch! We didn't get off of the train at all but we did return by car to visit the two favorite White Zin makers of mine! First was the furthest out...Beringer. We went to the wine tasting room for samples of some interesting varieties. I had the less dry, white/blush samples. Kent mixed some reds with a blush. All were tasty (but I already knew that!) My favorite was the Sparkling White Zinfandel.
.

.
The other winery I was anticipating was Sutter Home. We got there 7 minutes before they closed! We tasted a Reserve White Zin and a White Merlot and White Cabernet. All were delicious. That's why I prefer them at home. I'm never disappointed.
.

.
On the wine train, the kids sat across from us so we took some pictures of them. They had an "okay" time. I think they were being nice. It wasn't something that they were interested in, though. And the food was a gourmet style that they weren't used to. They couldn't wait to get their hands on some "real" food....McDonald's for dinner!!!!! (We were happy about that, too!)
.

.
Karl goofing around.
.
.
A picture of a random vineyard from the train. There weren't any fences around these vineyards. Trustworthy place to live?
.
Tomorrow will bring the most spectacular pictures of the trip...PHC from San Francisco to Big Sur. And over to Visalia for two nights to visit the Sequoia and King's Canyon National Park.
.

No comments: